Sunday, July 5, 2009

Donating to ShelterBox & Should You Have One?

I just found this website, ShelterBox http://www.shelterbox.org/index.asp

It is about a box you can buy to donate to others (in other countries, and such) that need help. The whole box has enough in it, like a tent, water, tools, plates, cups, blankets, sheets, malaria nets, pans, children kits with coloring pages and crayons, the box which is a bin to store all of this stuff, and a small stove. Basically it is everything you need to survive.

I love the idea of these boxes, except for one thing. I can't buy one for my family. I know this is all about charity and helping others, but why not up the price tag a bit, and let some of the money from a purchase for one's family go towards helping others. I think it would be great for every family in the world to have one of these boxes, and I want to get one.

What do you think? Would you want a shelter box, for when something happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment