Monday, July 13, 2009

Using a Curriculum with Homeschooling

homeschoolLately I have been thinking a lot about whether or not to use a curriculum with homeschooling. I know a lot of people do, and a lot of people don't, and then there are so many options in between.

I had thought of using Sonlight, but it is mostly based on reading and Im not sure if I want to push that too much, my son likes to read what he likes, not what I want him to.

I have also considered some other curriculums but I love to do the unschooling. So far we have used so many different pieces of schooling that all together have been great. There is one downside though, we have to keep comparing our student with what he is suppose to know. We use http://www.worldbook.com/wb/Students?curriculum/kindergarten to see what kids are suppose to know.

For instance, this year, we have focused on kindergarten and we have used hooked on phonics, workbooks we found at target, bob books, and worksheets I find online.

Really I just want to know what others are using, and why they love it? If you see this could you respond and let me know what works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment